Okay, so a friend of mine was called for an interview scheduled to hold next week. He approached me on possible interview questions and how he should answer them.
Judging from the history of the Company in question and the nature of their interviews, I drafted some solid interview questions that would normally throw lots of people of balance any day and prepared a response on each Question.
I want you to take a look at my responses and rate it so that i'll know how well I can guide my friend. Your criticisms and suggestions are welcome ☺
Tell Me About Your Self:
Thank you for this amazing opportunity for interviewing with you today. I am most grateful...
I am a trained and certified Engineer by profession. I have gained extensive experience in IT/Telecoms Operations and Management which have spanned roughly 8 years. My core interests revolve around technology and its application in solving day to day issues in whatever capacity. My experience, dedication and service delivery has enabled me to gain the trust of my past and present employers and has given me the much needed confidence required in carrying out my job functions judiciously. I have worked with various organizations in the past and the experiences gained over time has helped me improve my technical, administrative and business agility which I believe will be of great value to your organization
Why Do You Want to Leave Your Current Job?
Working with my present employer has been very exciting and rewarding and have equally given me a great opportunity to insights on IT and business administration at a strategic level. I decided to seek for this opportunity mainly out of 2 reasons:
1. Though i have gathered lots of experience in the course of my career, I consider myself to be a work in progress and i have identified that for me to continue to develop and harness my competencies, I need to be in a very challenging environment and work with organizations that have reached maturity levels in terms of the organizational and business activities. So when I saw this opportunity, I knew it was the right one for me.
2. As one who has a work history with multiple organizations; local and international, I have a strong desire to continue to grow and develop professionally and stay in tune with international best practices and employee productivity which I am certain is obtainable at .......
Are you aware this is a contract position?
Yes I am fully aware and i believe in the qualitative time measurement rather than quantitative measurement. I am sure my achievements will speak on my behalf when the time comes
Why Do You Want To Work For us?
Apart from the job role which i believe I can handle very well, I picked up strong interest in (Your Company) due to the nature of work the organization has been performing diligently for so long. I want to be a part of the success story of this organization and I want to effectively contribute my might to the development and expansion of (Your Company) Operations especially here in Nigeria.
What are your Strengths
1. I am a problem solver. I am very strong at problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
2. I take responsibility for my work and do not rest until results and outcomes have reached a reasonable conclusion.
3. I am open minded and consider myself an advocate of knowledge sharing and dissemination.
4. I work and function efficiently in teams and know how to collaborate and manage my team to get the best out of them.
5. I function very well in leadership positions.
6. I am a risk taker. I listen to my intuitions and take calculated action when necessary.
What are your Weaknesses?
Well, not much that i can think of at the moment that affects this role in any way. The only thing I can say now is that I function at my best when I am motivated and have a clear picture of what i am supposed to do. I literally switch off when I feel my responsibility has become ambiguous and I can gloom over it for a while, but i guess that's human nature and I usually overcome it by looking for other things to keep me spirited and engaged once i start feeling down inside.
What is your salary expectation?
Well I haven't tough about it much. My main objective right now is to become part of the success story of this organization. I believe the package for this position has been defined and would like to know the range if possible.
If the HR insists
Okay, I am looking at N? - N? subject to review and negotiation depending on the compensation package included.
Yes and they are:
1. What are the high level expectations and challenges of this vacant position?
2. I would love to know what a typical working day looks like at (Your Company) in terms of its culture, values and work ethics.