Total E&P CPFA Limited is a leading Closed Pension Fund Administrator whose main objective is to manage the Total E&P Nigeria Staff Non-Contributory Pension Fund.
Total E&P CPFA is currently looking to recruit top talents to join their organization and has mandated Workforce Recruitment and Assessment, (a member of Workforce Group and a leading HR consulting firm) with specialization in top talent selection to recruit the following positions.
Applications are now invited for the following positions in Total E&P CPFA:
1. Web Master/Database Administrator
To Apply: Web Master/Database Administrator
The job holder will provide business & ICT related consultancy for implementation and support of both business and financial database applications, studies and projects in line with company policies.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or Information Systems.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience (ideally covering website management, application development and database administration).
- Experienced in the use of Java, HTML, Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL, Oracle.
- Certifications such as PMBOK, MCSE Business Intelligence and/or database architecture design would be an added advantage.
2. Legal Counsel
To Apply: Legal Counsel
This role provides support to the Company Secretary and Legal Adviser in all areas of the department’s work. Assists with preparation and review of contracts, MOU’s for the CPFA. Act as the delegate for Company Secretary and Legal Adviser upon Management approval.
- LL.B. Graduate, B.L (LLM in Commercial Law, and/or membership of the The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria would be an advantage) .
- 6-10 years post graduate experience for a Law graduate with at least 4 years in a Company Secretariat of a Pension Fund Administrator or other Public Liability Company or a Corporate Law firm providing Company Secretariat services to Pension Fund Administrators /Public Liability Companies.
- Good Microsoft Office (especially MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel) and PC/IT skills required for the 21st Century Corporate Environment.
- Good research and analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
3. Human Resource Specialist
To Apply: Human Resource Specialist
The Job holder will be supporting in all aspects of the HR function, drafting of all HR procedures and processes and acts in managerial capacity in the absence of the Head of HR.
- BSc degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline.
- Minimum 5 years post BSc work experience in a HR role. Working experience in the Pension/Financial industry with CIPD/CIPM Certification would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of Nigerian Employment laws.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
4. Contracts & Procurement Officer
This role is responsible for coordinating and supporting various departments in respect to the procurement process and procedures of the company.
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting Law, Business Administration or any other quantitative discipline.
- 4 - 6 years relevant work experience, in Supply Chain Management, and/or Contract and Procurement as well experience in Purchase to Pay (P2P) transactions.
- Certification in Supply
- Chain Management or other professional qualifications (e.g. P2P) would be an advantage.
5 ICT Server Administrator
To Apply: ICT Server Administrator
The Job holder will Implement, operate and administer server infrastructure, software, network and general information system and support service providers in the implementation and support of telecommunications equipment.
- University degree (B.Sc. Or M.Sc.) in Computer Science or Engineering.
- At least 7 years’ experience within a large corporate or multinational.
- Key experience in Windows Software, Systems & BCP Administration.
- IT professional qualifications (MCSE, Microsoft Azure) would be an added advantage.
6. Risk Analyst
To Apply: Risk Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or a related discipline (minimum 2nd class upper).
- A Master’s degree in any of the mentioned disciplines, Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Certification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the financial sector, including at least 3 years in a risk analysis/management role.
- Ability to apply industry knowledge and technical skills in the production of insightful interpretations and analysis of data.
- Strong quantitative and financial modelling skills, advanced MS Office Suite (in particular Excel); experience with managing an investment database; familiarity with investment and statistical theories, and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, but also is a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of the economy, markets and general investment management practices and pension industry regulation
- Ability to multitask and prone to take initiative
The job holder will implement the Total CPFA’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework (Risk Assessment, Evaluation, Monitoring etc.). The candidate should have sound knowledge of Investment Risk Management in particular.
- Implement the Company’s ERM framework and promote a risk awareness culture within the CPFA.
- Examine the Fund’s investment portfolios and analyse risk involved in investment decisions.
- Project potential losses associated with the Fund’s portfolio and recommend actions to limit risks through diversification and other strategies.
- Track and report investment trends and potential impact on the Fund’s portfolio.
- Interpret and explain the nature of portfolio risk, including using attribution analysis to explain returns.
- Work with other CPFA teams to identify and calculate risk associated with transactions.
- Identify and report asset losses, risk exposures and requirements to support the business.
- Support risk projects undertaken by external risk consultants and advisers.
- Maintain the risk register
7. Senior Investment Analyst
To Apply: Senior Investment Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- A minimum 2nd class upper university degree in a numerate discipline (Maths, Science, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Admin) OR a university degree in any profession with a professional accounting qualification.
- Chartered Financial Analyst qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years post NYSC relevant work experience in the Finance Industry with a strong understanding of Alternative Assets and Real Estate Markets.
- Extensive knowledge of the capital market/instruments/regulation, economic theories and relationship as well as valuation tools.
- Experience managing real estate brokers, conducting due diligence and carrying out detailed financial analysis for purposes of evaluating and completing a wide range of alternative assets and real estate transactions.
- Current knowledge of industry trends in Infrastructure Funds, other Alternative Assets and Real Estate, as well as, the natural desire to understand specific market characteristics.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyse, interpret and provide insightful commentary on performance results, including the impact of market factors and other drivers.
- Excellent analytical, computer, presentation and communication skills.
The role is responsible to provide research and analysis to carry out due diligence on real estate and other alternative assets investments. He/She will be responsible for lease administration, transaction management & strategy execution of the fund’s Real Estate portfolio.
- Assist in ensuring that rental earnings on the Real Estate Portfolio are optimized in line with guidelines set by the Board of Directors & the Pension Fund Regulator (PENCOM).
- Collaborate with other departments including Finance, Legal and Real Estate Projects to ensure that invoices, contracts, budgets, etc are executed in a timely manner.
- Conduct market and sub-market analysis on rents, demographics, supply & demand, sales comparable, lease comparable to create informed data driven strategies, programs and methods to maximize the financial and operational return on assigned Real estate portfolios.
- Prepare internal presentations, including recommendations for investments in Real Estate and other Alternative Asset investments.
- Prepare, analyze, validate and test detailed financial forecasts and feasibility studies for co-investment projects, new investment funds and Real Estate properties.
- Provide valuable inputs for the development and execution of individual strategies for properties in the Real Estate portfolio and investment in other Alternative Assets with focus on creating and enhancing value for the Fund within acceptable risk limits.
- Coordinate the negotiation of all lease terms with prospective tenants (i.e. rental rates, term, cancellation/renewal options, etc) and work with the Legal team to ensure lease agreements and necessary legal documents are finalized in a timely manner.
- Maintain and manage data on existing and prospective Real Estate Portfolio properties and other Alternative Assets investments with emphasis on reviewing and managing performance metrics to guide future strategies.
- Assist in the drafting, implementation and maintenance of economics, financial models and frameworks to guide investment decision making in Real Estate and other Alternative Assets Investments.
- Provide inputs related to investments in other Alternative Assets and Real Estate for the periodic investment portfolio reporting.
- Ensure cash inflows and outflows on Real Estate Investments and other Alternative Assets are received as at when due, adequately monitored and tracked.
- Assist in the development and execution of annual Capital Plan & budget for each asset in the Real Estate Portfolio with the aim to increase portfolio value.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Alternative Asset Fund Managers, Real Estate Brokers, Vendors, Property Managers and Facilities Managers, as well as, strategic relationships with tenants in a bid to optimize returns on the Portfolio.
- Carry out other specific projects assigned by the Chief Investment Officer.
To Apply: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- University Degree in Accounting, Business Admin, Finance or related discipline (Minimum of 2nd class upper).
- ICAN or ACA certification mandatory.
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience, in accounting or finance.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Good organizational ability as well as ability to multitask.
The Job holder is responsible for preparation of the financial statements of the Fund and the Company. He/She is also responsible for preparation of the net assets value (NAV) of the Fund on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis; reconciliations, budgeting, cost control and performance measurement, liaising with external contacts (vendors, auditors, tax authorities), revision and update of all procedure.
- Ensures the documentation of transaction processing workflows within Finance and Operations department in standard procedures. Also ensuring that existing procedures are updated and reviewed in line with current practices.
- Prepare monthly depreciation of assets in line with the accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly amortization of intangible assets in line with the accounting policies in place.
- Maintains proper books of account by ensuring that daily transactions are recorded using both the accounting & investment module of the Fund’s software.
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly, and half yearly & annual fund valuation.
- The valuation and updating of fund investment in Private equity & Infrastructural fund.
- Forecasting upcoming payment needs of the Company; providing adept analysis of the bank balance vis-à-vis the forecasted payments to ensure adequate funding by the sponsor and also avoiding idle bank balances.
- Ensuring periodic (i.e. quarterly) cash call reconciliations with Parent Company.
- Ensure that balances held by Parent Company against the company (as represented by debit notes) agrees with Company’s records. Also, identifying any differences that may exist, investigating and resolving them.
- Work with departmental managers to develop and prepare appropriate budget for the Fund & company.
- Participate in the budget approval process by the board of directors.
- Analyse monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and optimize cost – benefit matrix.
- Review operating budgets to analyse trends affecting budget needs.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Follow-up compliance with approved budget/cost objectives;
- Perform relevant variance analysis and investigate deviations for recommendation and follow-up;
- Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Preparation of the financial statements of the Fund and the Company.
- Preparation of the net assets value (NAV) of the Fund on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Application Closing Date: Tuesday, April 2, 2019