CV is an overview of your professional accomplishment.
This is a living document which reflects the development of your professional career… should be updated frequently.
CV is a written description of your work experience and educational background and skills.
CV should be on your phone or tablet for ease of forwarding.
Good CV contains-
-Area of specialization and class of degree
-List of phone numbers and email address
-Include Job experience(part time work, church work, Charity work)
-should be 1-2 pages
-Should not have “career objectives”
-Should include names of referees
-should not contain typographical errors
-should not have any spelling and grammatical errors
-summary of your current, most recent and past employment
-Education, training, awards, achievements or affiliations
-Personal info about marital status and how many children you have should be discouraged.
-your picture is not necessary
-list your highest degree first, type of degree, university name and date awarded
-Secondary school and primary school achievements
-add vocational/technical school certification
-include continuing educating which you’re currently studying and clearly state that it is “in view”
-what you did to improve the company like Increased sales, saved money, increased efficiency..
Must be consistent in spelling. American or UK all through not a mix. Edit edit and edit
Always PDF Cv
When sending, give it a subject.
-Different fonts and colors on the page (arial is the best)
- bullet points not properly aligned and different styles of vbhllet points.
- Use of abbreviations in the Cv
5parts of application
- Read up on the company profile history, strategy, missions
- Dress appropriately in a proper attire
- Rehearse /practice is it’s a peer
- Show up well rested and on time
- Switch off your mobile phones
- Do not seat down except you are asked to. Remain standing until otherwise asked to seat
- Maintain a steady posture. Remain calm. Dont swing in a swivel chair
- Show enthusiasm but do not overly excited. Look at all the interviewers
- Speak clearly and audibly. Enunciate properly
- If not clear about a question. Ask for repeat
- When asked what you strengths are, I have a passion to work
- At the end of interview after you have asked your question, thank them..